Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

Our CGI applications (three of them) are just one part of our complete
product. We have a desktop GUI part as well. The CGI applications reuse a
lot of code from the desktop. We implement the Model-GUI-Mediator design
pattern, to split UI code from Business Domain code. Our applications talk
to a Firebird RDBMS, and use SqlDB components, but we do *not* code for
SqlDB directly. Instead we use tiOPF (http://www.tiopf.com) which is a
Object Persistence Framework to manage all our data persistence (loading
and saving of Objects). So with a single compiler define we can switch from
Firebird to MySQL or PostgreSQL etc without a single line of code that
needs to change. We can even switch database components (eg: SqlDB ->
FBLib) with a single compiler define, and again, no lines of code need to
change.

I am most interested to hear how tiOPF handles under a threaded environment when you move to FastCGI, Graeme.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee