On Fri, 16 Jul 2010, Helmut Hartl wrote:

Am 16.07.10 12:46, schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:
Always learning something new.

One is never too old to learn :-)

Michael.
But one is always able to age faster,
while boldly going to where no man has gone
baldly before :-) (spelling intentional)

While testing with a simplified usage pattern I encountered a compiler problem.
Should I report a bug - or am I missing something ?

helmut

--snip--
program project_static2;
{$static on}
type
 Etyp=(t1,t2,t3);

 function ProxyObject_IsInSubrange(const typ:Etyp):boolean;
 begin
   ProxyObject_IsInSubrange:=typ<=t2;
 end;
type
 ProxyObject=object
   function IsInSubrange(const typ:Etyp):boolean;static;
 end;

 RealObject=object
   mytyp:Etyp;
   function IsInSubrange:boolean;
 end;

function RealObject.IsInSubrange: boolean;
begin
IsInSubrange:=ProxyObject.IsInSubrange(mytyp); // project1.lpr(25,15) Error: Class isn't a parent class of the current class

This could be a bug in the compiler, yes.