On Saturday 14 August 2010 19:04:33 Marcos Douglas wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to ask you some questions about how I can migrate,
> ultimately, of Delphi to FPC.
> These questions will help me and my friends that working with Delphi.

Some MSEgui specific info:

> 1- What the connector you use to Postgre and SQLServer, Zeoslib?

MSEgui has a forked version of SQLDB with many extensions. For Postgres there
is a dedicated database component, SQLServer has been reported to work with
tmseodbcconnection. If there is enough interrest and no license problems
development of a SQLServer connection component is possible.

> 2- What the Report designer is more like with ReportBuilder?

MSEgui has an own report engine with a designer in MSEide.

> 4- The Lazarus IDE is the most used, but MSEide is relevant too? Why?

MSEgui and fpGUI have another approach, they use an own widgetset programmed
in Pascal which does not use external widget libraries. Lazarus links to the
native widgetset of the operating system or to another external widget
library. MSEide is a RAD tool in order to build MSEgui applications and other
Pascal and gcc programs.

> 6- What FPC/Lazarus provides to DataSets in memory like TClientDataSet
> in Delphi?

MSEgui has tlocaldataset, tmsesqlquery has a disconnected from server mode.
tmsebufdataset is the base component, it can maintain a journal for local
modifications which are sent to the server later.

>     6.1- And about multi-tier applications, what they provides?

MSEgui has the experimental MSEifi environment in order to link MSEgui
components by communication channels.

Martin