On 12/10/2010 2:18 PM, Andrew Brunner wrote:
Hi there,

I'm considering pascal scripting engines in stead of hot-swaped compiled stored
objects/dlls for server back-end development for clients (namely WebSocket/JS).
I came across a few relatively recent solutions and wanted to know if there are
any obscure "light weight" scripting engines but yet leverage byte code.  My
largest problem would be security though.  I would want to limit script engine
access to OS level calls.  I need to be able to "sandbox" these back-end apps so
they don't interfere with the server process.

Any thoughts/recommendations?  Thanks.

RemObject's PascalScript and FastScript both work with FPC.

RemObject's is free to use IRRC.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee