The code in article
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=130494&seqNum=5 goes a long
way in doing what you want to do. Unit Eventsink does pretty much of the
legwork. You should remove the procedure register since that is the Delphi
way to get a component on the toolbar. Remove also the {$IFDEF VER100} and
{$ENDIF}. The unit actually includes the code for InterfaceConnect!!
In the MainForm unit you'll have to do in a TForm1.Create

EventSink1:=TEventSink.Create(Self);
EventSink1.OnInvoke:=@EventSink1Invoke;

because the example assumes you have dropped the component on the form and
entered EventSink1Invoke in the properties box.

As for the tlb conversion, in your case

IEventIntfEvents = dispinterface
  ['{168F5642-5751-49F5-9AA4-B8A7A5F6A5B8}']
 end;

should do (that is for the events part). AFAIK the procedure and dispid
definitions are only needed for the server. You are only concerned with
dispid's. No need to create prototypes for OnCommChanged() etc.
EventSink1Invoke would be a simple
case DispID of
  1: // do CommChanged
  2: // do StatesChanged