On 11-2-2012 14:32, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Ludo Brands said:
>>> Then again, current fpcup does not have a fixed
>>> primary-config-path, merely a default one.
>>>

>> Unless I overlooked something, the primary-config-path is pretty hardcoded
>> now (XdgConfigHome/lazarusdevsettings). Adding a parameter for
>> primary-config-path would solve a lot.
>
> There is --primary-config-path= and --lazarus-dir=
>
> the latter only with .30 iirc. I used these for stick installs, where
> driveletters could be different all the time.
Thanks. As far as I can tell fpcup has no problem starting lazarus with
the proper Lazarus directory but I might be missing something obvious
again (happens a lot the last couple of days).

Mmm, of course it could be useful when doing an install on a memory
stick on Windows... yet another batch script to start lazarus I suppose ;)

>> Lazarus config files are sometimes part of the problem when working with
>> svn. Making an all clean start would preferably also mean removing the
>> lazarus config files.
>
> Daily going through the config dialogues is not fun either.
Mmm yes, but doing an svn up+compile on the lazarus dir, which fpcup
does, shouldn't touch a  --primary-config-path subdirectory (e.g.
<lazarusdir>/LazarusDevSettings)... right?

For now, I'll create a command line parameter --primary-config-path=
that allows users to store the path wherever they wish and for now let
it default to the situation it currently is (e.g. somewhere below ~ on
Unix, somewhere below %localappdata% on Windows).