Lukasz Sokol wrote:

To developers:
How would a generalized/packed construct like

try
[code block]
finally
[code block]
except
[code block]
end;

(in other words: a try-*-end construct where * can be 'finally', or 'except',
or BOTH.)

fit into Pascal philosophy?
Advantages is mainly: - one less indent level ('oh, I need try-except around all THAT, bugger.') to care about; (yeah, even with all the good tools to manage the code, it stings, that the two have to be separately declared and one needs to remember that...)

I think this complicates things unduly. As it is case-else and then-else are about the only places where there is this sort of composite block, and finally-except-end is even uglier since parts of all three blocks may be executed.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk