Am 17.02.2013 15:36, schrieb ik:

> On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 <tel:2013> at 1:58 PM, Florian Klämpfl
> Why is it that FPC/K now exists for 20 years as an open source project,
> and you
> can't earn money for developing it,

Actually, I'am not interested in earning money with it.

>  while Linus that have an OS that
> exists for 21
> years can ?
>
> This type of things are important more then you think.

For what? For the fun? FPC is probably by far the most successful non
company supported oss compiler so I'am sure I know what is important.

Ever looked at gcc.gnu.org, kernel.org, llvm.org etc.?

> the whole way of thinking there is not designer oriented - It does not
> invite new people
> to the project,
> does not provide a proper place to be etc...

Why should I care? They might use the tools they like, I use the tools I
like.

> It's not easy to find documentation for things, some are at the wiki,

A compiler is not a toy, and I know that serious programmers find the
needed docs.

> some at the /doc-html/ path
> and many does not exists.
>
> So you are working on all this cool features and is the fastest compiler
> in the world, and you can
> do everything you wanted with pascal and many things you don't (and it's
> not a c++ like
> technology garbage can). But no new blood see it, use it or can be
> attracted to it, so what's
> the point ?

FPC is still growing so what is your point?