I did a quick check on Mac & Linux, on both platforms compiling & loading resulting .elf file into gdb works fine.

Thank you very much,

Michael

Am 17.02.13 19:57, schrieb Florian Klämpfl:
Am 17.02.2013 17:50, schrieb Michael Ring:
Hi Florian, I am not sure if this was completely clear to you, this
problem only seems to exist on linux, my primary platform is mac, there
this is not necessary, also not on windows.
Yes I know. But I wonder why linux would need this. This is not host
dependent but should be target dependent.

Anyways, I added the needed code in r23626 to write a build-id section.
Please tell me if it works.

After Koenraad expirienced this problem on 30.01.2013 I tried on my
Fedora 18 linux system and found the same problem he described (He was
using an opensuse system).

As you are talking about the mingw cross assembler/linker (isn't that
mostly for windows?
Yes. But the target is the same: arm-eabi.

Might of course be that I am wrong on this one) I am
not quite sure if you tried this on linux.

my build target was arm-none-eabi, using vanilla binutils 2.23.1 from
ftp.gnu.org, built on fedora 18 x86_64
I used only arm-eabi, this shouldn't matter, indeed.