I also like their products, especially the development boards are very well designed. The IDE+debugger is nice & complete and the support fo the software is also very good.

The things I do not like are that you have to buy a license for each compiler family (PIC, PIC16, PIC 32, ARM), the compiler parser sometimes is a little odd and, most important for me, they do not support objects and have no plans to do so.

When you can live without objects a good choice, when you need objects then freepascal is your choice.

Michael