waldo kitty wrote:
On 4/8/2013 11:03, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
How best to get the (internet-style) domain name of a system? GetDomainName()
appears to be returning "(none)" here on x86 Linux.

do you mean the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name)??

I mean that on the machine I'm working on the hostname is pye-dev-01 and the domain name is telemetry.co.uk. I was under the impression that GetDomainName() should return the latter, but apart from anything else it's unix-only and whilst Windows is not somewhere I want to go today I'd like a portable solution if possible.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk