Tomas Hajny wrote:
On Tue, April 9, 2013 10:14, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
waldo kitty wrote:
 .
 .
diggin in, i note that it seems to use the system's uname function...
but i think that is different than the command line "uname" or "uname
-a" because none of my linux machine return their FQDN in this output...
i note that it also seems to be pulling this function from a/the libc
library...

i note that both, GetDomainName and GetHostName both use the same var
(Sysn : utsname) but just different fields in what is apparently a
record of some type...

can't trace further... the grill and a pork loin are calling me... not
to mention other mouths in the location wanting some eats soon-ish...
It might be notable that Debian doesn't volunteer a domain name unless
it's able to contact DNS. I'll get onto nslookup, or just use temporary
text (it's only salt for a password hash, and is stored).

Have you tried using unit netdb from package fcl-net? It doesn't support
Windows (and some other platforms yet), but it should work for Unix
targets. I believe that the two approaches for finding out the domain are
either getting it from the DNS or having it specified in /etc/resolv (and
both are used by unit netdb - search for DefaultDomainList).

Thanks for the additional pointer, will investigate.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk