Al 04/07/13 17:24, En/na Mark Morgan Lloyd ha escrit:

> In any event, my experience is that USB->serial converters are very poor
> for anything that involves accurate timing, and I suspect that
> controlling a 485 transceiver in conjunction with one would be
> problematic.

Not if the converter manages the rx/tx switching all by itself

> I think I asked FTDI about this a couple of years ago, and
> was told that their hardware had facilities that would help but
> exploiting them would take a non-standard driver.

The ones I used worked with the standard driver: send something, it
automatically enables the transmitter, after the last bit has been
transmitted it goes in high impedance mode ready for listening/receiving.

Bye
--
Luca