On 28 Feb 2014, at 11:11, Yann Mérignac wrote:

  - *data2pas* a command line tool that generates pascal include files
from a text file description. This is a tool similar to *data2inc* but
  using a more "pascalish" syntax. (GPL v3+)
  http://yann.merignac.free.fr/data2pas.html
- *CmdLine* is a Free Pascal unit for parsing easily GNU style command
  line options. (LGPL v3+) http://yann.merignac.free.fr/unit-cmdline.html
  - *GContnrs* is a generic container collection for Free Pascal. It
implements : doubly linked lists, dequeues, hash maps, hash sets, priority
  queues, queues, stacks, tree maps, tree sets and vectors and some
  algorithms (sort, shuffle, min, max, ...). (LGPL v3+)
  http://yann.merignac.free.fr/unit-gcontnrs.html
  - *UPasConf *a unit that has been designed to create configuration
programs in Pascal. It allows you to create programs that mimic the famous
  './configure' script. It can also create GNU makefiles for your
  projects. (LGPL v3+) http://yann.merignac.free.fr/unit-upasconf.html

All units are under LGPL v3+ but I am not sure of my choice.

The first item is a program, not a unit. For that one, the license has no influence whatsoever of how the output can be used.

I want the
units to be usable by anyone in any kind of projects : closed source or not, commercial or not, etc... And, I want that any change to the source of the units must be made public. Do you think the LGPL is a good choice for
that goals ?

In theory: yes. In practice: no, because FPC doesn't support dynamic linking to the extent that is required to make this painless. You will probably want to use the GPL+linking exception (or LGPL + static linking exception, as FPC uses, but that it exactly the same thing). See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPL_linking_exception for the general explanation, and http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk/rtl/COPYING.FPC for how FPC words it.

Jonas