On 05/26/2014 03:32 PM, Craig Peterson wrote:
In any case, neither Free Pascal nor Delphi support OpenMP right now, but Delphi does support futures and parallel loops using the OmniThreadLibrary, ...
Nice ! I did not know that. I understand that you mean this without the Prism compatible syntax candy for t futures and parallel loops ?!?!?
which requires anonymous methods. Getting anonymous methods into Free Pascal is a much more manageable short term goal than waiting for OpenMP support to be specified, implemented, and debugged.

seems like a viable way to go.

-Michael