In our previous episode, Martin Schreiber said:
> > basically stopped using it.
>
> Why does Free Pascal not invent a safe "with" similar as the "with" of
> MSElang?

The primary question is of course if there is a need for a new construct at
all. I don't know MSELang, but many new languages try to add new baroque
constructs
in a desperate attempt to draw users. I always found that doubtful.

> If I would be cynical I could write "because one must wait until
> Delphi has it?". ;-)

Well, then if I were cynical, I would conclude that you don't read
compatibility discussions carefully enough. A shame for somebody who wants
to implement languages.