Having ported a large real-time graphical application from Virtual Pascal
(DPMI) to Free Pascal Linux , there is one aspect I haven't managed to
overcome.

For a number of reasons Lazarus was not used , and Geany is used as the IDE
, which works well.

Unlike Virtual Pascal which allowed me to put different code in separate
directories , Free Pascal seems to want ALL unit files in one huge directory
which makes it difficult to keep proper revision control.

For example if I decide to use fpGUI , I would like to put all the fpGUI
source code into one directory and the actual application (my code) in a
separate directory.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance
Brian