On 03/07/2015 11:22, fpc-pascal-requ...@lists.freepascal.org wrote:
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 12:13:07 +0200 From: Michael Schnell <mschn...@lumino.de> To: fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal] Delphi mode for new features? Message-ID: <55950eb3.8040...@lumino.de> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed On 07/01/2015 05:40 PM, Serguei TARASSOV wrote:
>Are you agreed that more FPC is compatible with Delphi "by default",
>more users can use it without troubles and learning additional docs?
Delphi is getting so horribly expensive (without noticeable benefit)
that the user base is going to shrink dramatically. Hopefully some wile
come over to fpc.
I would like to believe it but Embarcadero/Delphi announced the growth of users/client base 2 or 3 years ago, aren't they? Clearly, Delphi is more advanced in GUI development (not only for VCL limited by Win32/64 but mostly for new cross-platform projects for mobile devices) and have much more third-party GUI components vendors.

Opposite, I consider that the non-GUI cross-platform development in FPC/Lazarus is similar do Delphi at least. Debugging is less robust but the logging is the main approach to debug on server side.
The support of Linux is a considerable feature.
So I come to FPC on this side (with hundreds of thousands legacy Delphi code...)

-Michael
Regards,
Serguei