On Fri, 17 Jul 2015, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

On 2015-07-17 07:57, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
Simple: there is a bigger community, and more ready-to-use code
floating on internet. The language itself has absolutely nothing to
do with it.

+1   Well said.

I know this is a huge generalisation (normally not a good thing), but
most web (JS) developers I have met, most of their day-to-day JavaScript
coding consists of using ready-made frameworks or copying somebody
else's code and use it for their own needs. There actual own-written
JavaScript coding is very small in the grand scheme of things.

And this is why I firmly believe we need more libraries to actually do things, instead of more changes to the language.

Another language feature is not going to automagically supply us with e.g. a
websockets library.