Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 2015-08-03 15:41, Gour wrote:> Is b)’s support for Mac via X11 good-enough or
is b) more suitable, as I> read somewhere, for embedded platforms?
As I mentioned in a private email, I have written commercial softwareusing
fpGUI for the Mac. The client I worked for was not at all phasedby the fact
that it used the X11 support included with OSX. Neither werethey bothered by
the fact that it doesn't look 100% native (many ofApple's own software doesn't
adhere to their own interface guidelines).My client's main concern was that the
software is stable and that itworks by delivering the functionality they
required - which it did.
Having the same look and feel between OSX, Linux and Windows was also aplus for
them, as it reduced the amount of staff training on the software.

What about learning curve of each one?
LCL and fpGUI has pretty much the same learning curve I think.

Graeme, could you update us on the extent to which Lazarus or an equivalent IDE supports form design etc. for fpGUI these days?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk