Roberto P. wrote:
Maybe we shouldn't focus all that much on the " if " word..since all in all, it is meant to be differently from the language if-then-else
What about using another word suggesting a choice?

   j := Switch(i < 32, 48, 21);
   j := Select(i < 32, 48, 21);
   j := Which(i < 32, 48, 21);

They look to me as a goog compromise between expressiveness (IfThen) and typing-laziness (iif).

Roberto

Switch, Select, Which
are all good except that they are very common English words. They might already be used by users in existing function names in their code.

I prefer

V := If Condition then ThenExpr else ElseExpr;

Beginners to Free Pascal can easily guess its meaning just by its look.

Dennis