On Tue, 2 Feb 2016, Jonas Maebe wrote:

Michael Van Canneyt wrote on Tue, 02 Feb 2016:

[evaluating all arguments to a function/intrinsic]
I'm just trying to to put any foaming-at-the-mouth argumentation using this particular argument in perspective.

I think this is rather disingenuous after your own foaming-at-the-mouth hyperbole (?) of reverting all changes and temporarily shutting down the svn server if someone else did something that you considered to be fundamentally wrong.

Oh please...

If someone really thought that was serious: *it was hyperbole*.

It's just a discussion. We're not judging life and death here.

Hence the "in perspective".

For a correct understanding: The compiler must behave predictable at all
times, no arguing there. But I don't think that iif() having different
semantics than all other functions, is a problem.

Including all other functions called iif().

It just needs to be
documented properly. It is a non-issue for me.

It is a deal breaker for me.

Maybe you will want to shut down SVN if it is done differently from what you
think is proper ? I'll give you the password ;-)