On Fri, 5 Feb 2016, Lukasz Sokol wrote:

[...]
so I think no /current/ keywords would be allowed either... I see.

Anything that spells 'statement' is indeed going to meet with fierce resistance.

What of

x := ( condition, true:=truevalue, false:=falsevalue);

Apart from any parsing difficulties this may present, what is the benefit over

  x:=condition ? truevalue : falsevalue

The latter being the generally used one ?

That it's C, not Pascal ;) and, um. sorry I do not have a c spec on hand,
does it really work that way in C - only evaluates truevalue or falsevalue not
both?

I don't know about C (don't know if it actually has it?), but definitely in C++ and JavaScript

And please remember, we do not NEED this construct; the added value is marginal
as I indicated.

Simply not adding is an option. Not all change is necessarily progress.