Od: Anthony Walter <sys...@gmail.com>
Komu: "FPC-Pascal users discussions" <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org>
Datum: 10.02.2016 00:06
Předmět: [fpc-pascal] Please someone explain this to me

I really don't like the include files with Lazarus and Free Pascal for the following
reason:How the **** am I supposed to know which file is including an include
file?Often times I am trying to find a function or class or some other identifier and
I search files on disk for the name. Then it turns out the identifier is in some
include file. Often the include file doesn't have any information to which unit it
belongs and I am then forced to search further for other files which reference the
include file. It's a mess.In this issue
http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=29599
<http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=29599> Juha is asking how I was able
to compile my patch without using the dynlibs unit. Sure enough I am not using the
dynlibs unit, but on my system it compiles. When I control click the LoadLibrary
identifier in my Unity patch, Lazarus brings up an include file with LoadLibtary
declared, but I have no idea which unit is including it (remember I'm not using uni
t dynlibs).So my question is, how do the rest of you deal with include files and locating
the unit including them? And also can this system for including files be better
implemented, for example by some IDE feature to figure this out for you and displaying
the "owning" units.