Marc Santhoff wrote:

Did you use the stmf103fw.pas translation from Jeppe or make you own
unit for supporting the 429?

I needed only a few peripherals (GPIO, USART, RCC and embedded FLASH). I wrote this stuff by myself.

My target would be f407, although the project in mind has to be done
using an Atmel SAM7 now, programmed in C... :|

I used the AT91SAM7S256 controller 5 years ago (with fpc 2.3.1 btw). If I had to use ATMEL, I would look at the SAM3S or SAM4S family. They should replace the SAM7 which is now over 10 years old. But since ATMEL has been bought by Microchip, I would avoid them.

Regards, Bernd.