On Tue, 26 Jul 2016, Santiago A. wrote:

El 26/07/2016 a las 16:19, Michael Van Canneyt escribió:

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016, Santiago A. wrote:

El 26/07/2016 a las 12:27, Mattias Gaertner escribió:
a3:=a1+a2 => cp = 1252
a3:=a2+a1 => cp = 65001
Is that the expected behavior?

IMHO the result should be the same. And the only way is to make it
depend on a3, no matter what is in the left side. That's the way things
are done in Pascal

This is not correct. In pascal the right-hand side of an assignment
has a well-defined type. The compiler checks whether the type on the
right is assignment-compatible to the left side.
Sorry I meant no matter what is in the right side. Other way my statment
has no sense ;-)

Well, I'm also not sure what left/right sides you are referring to:

left/right of := or left/right of +

But as long as Jonas is on top of things, all will be well =-)