On 2017-03-01 03:06, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 2017-03-01 02:39, nore...@z505.com wrote:
How come:

   class operator Initialize(var aFoo: TFoo);
   class operator Finalize(var aFoo: TFoo);

in a record are called class operator..

why not "record operator"?

hahaha... You are asking all the questions I've been meaning to ask too.
From your question, just goes to show how rubbish Delphi is being
designed these days. Mixing concepts of class and record
interchangeably. And now we have "records" with constructors and
destructors! WTF. EMBT/Delphi are seriously polluting the Object Pascal
with all this rubbish. Unfortunately FPC feels like they need to follow
them like lemmings.

I don't blame FPC for following them in some respects because it enables compatible code to be shared between FPC and delphi, but I get what you mean..

Oberon is a fresh new start without all this rubbish but look where oberon is: no where.
Almost no one uses it, nor cares about it..

so if fpc does things right and diverges from delphi, you have incompatibility ...

But I see what you mean and understand your point