On 2017-03-16 08:35, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 14:07:51 +0100 (CET)
"Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR)" <char...@scenergy.dfmk.hu> wrote:

[...]
Also, WebAssembly is a descendant of asm.js,

Maybe historically. Technically asm.js is higher lvl than webassembly.

which was basically striped
down Javascript with some integer/pointer type tagging. As far as I know, the main problem with JS from a computing point of view, that it handles
all numbers as floats for "simplicity", but with some code in other
languages, this can have real side effects (for example some integers
cannot be exactly expressed as floats,

JS uses Double, which can express integers correctly from
-$10000000000000 to $fffffffffffff.
That should be enough for most browser programs, don't you think?

Well I used to think 32 bit integers were good enough for everyone, but now I wish that all our integers went on to infinity, as some clever person probably wants to create some program you never dreamed of that will hit the integer limit...

But for dumb things like web stores, blogs... Yes.

For some physics simulation that is a massive number cruncher "no integer is ever big enough"...