>It is unclear to me whether you are on a win32 or win64 OS?
I am on Windows 10 x64 OS

>If you are already on a win64 machine then your default target CPU should
>already be x86_64. why do you need fpc-3.0.2-cross-i386-win32-win64?
fpc-3.0.2-cross-i386-win32-win64 is to be able to compile as a win32 program on
a win64 machine.   I installed that so I could compile as win32 for comparison.
 The test program works if compiled with Lazarus  for win32 but not win64

>While in lazarus open agg_rasterizer_scanline_aa.pas, go ro line 611 press Ctr
>and click on ptrcomp. It should open agg_basics.pas, the comment may apply to
>your situation.
I was able to follow this and get to the comment in agg_basics, I read the
comment that indicates some difference and possible problem with pointers on
win64 but I don't know what I can do about it and why you are able to cross
compile for win64 and it works.   I wonder if this is an issue with Freepascal
3.0.2, and aggpas hasn't been fixed for it yet and I need to use Freepascal
3.0.1 to get it to work?

James