On Sat, 26 Aug 2017, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal wrote:

I did read it.

I think the programmer *must* worry about the details and must definitely
NOT use the booleans for anything C related. That was my point.

Attempting to cater for C code using BOOL or whatever type is misplaced.
C does not have a boolean type.

The standard says for "if" :

"In both forms, the first substatement is executed if the expression
compares unequal to 0."

Treat it as such.

And I say that the programmer does not need to care about it if the one
that translated the interface used the correct type.

And this "if" is the cliff on which the ship crashes and sinks...

Please also note that I'm only talking about cases where there is indeed
a definition of a boolean type on the C side of things (e.g. the Windows
API with its BOOL as well as TRUE and FALSE definitions and GTK for
which the Boolean16, -32 and -64 types were introduced).

I understood it like that.