> On Mar 5, 2020, at 2:24 PM, Ryan Joseph <generic...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can we consider changing this behavior?

from https://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-pascal/2020-March/057434.html

On 05/03/2020 08:24, Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal wrote:

 Yes, it's a temporary variable but doesn't it make sense to give an error
because the property is read only? It's basically a no-op like it is now and
defeats the purpose of read-only properties. It also creates a nasty bug
because the programmer thinks they've written to something but they actually
didn't.

I think there is already an open bug report for this.

Jonas

I looked on the bug tracker for "properties" and didn't see this so I'll make
one but I wanted to confirm first it's not intended behavior. Jonas seems to
hint that it is but Sven didn't mention it.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph