On 17/05/20 1:21 am, Jonas Maebe wrote:
On 15/05/2020 12:39, Noel Duffy via fpc-pascal wrote:
While doing some work on bug 37060, the refactoring of StrToHostAddr and
StrToHostAddr6 in the sockets
unit,(https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=37060), I found that
StrToHostAddr is doing no validation at all on input address characters
before calling the function Val, so any Pascal notation that Val
accepts, such as 0x and $ for hexadecimal, % for binary, & for octal,
and mathematical signs are all accepted in ipv4 octets.

I added a note to https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=37013 about
the fact that this test program fails if range checking is enabled (I
don't know if the range error is in StrToHostAddr6 or in the test
program itself).

D'oh! Normally I'm scrupulous about turning on range checks in my own programs, but I completely forgot to do that here. But I see Michael has already fixed it.