On Sat, 16 May 2020, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

On Sat, 16 May 2020, Jonas Maebe wrote:

On 15/05/2020 12:39, Noel Duffy via fpc-pascal wrote:
While doing some work on bug 37060, the refactoring of StrToHostAddr and
StrToHostAddr6 in the sockets
unit,(https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=37060), I found that
StrToHostAddr is doing no validation at all on input address characters
before calling the function Val, so any Pascal notation that Val
accepts, such as 0x and $ for hexadecimal, % for binary, & for octal,
and mathematical signs are all accepted in ipv4 octets.

I added a note to https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=37013 about
the fact that this test program fails if range checking is enabled (I
don't know if the range error is in StrToHostAddr6 or in the test
program itself).

I will check. I never use range checking, so that could have easily escaped me.

Fixed 2 occurrences of a range check.