Yes, I was trying to keep my data structure, because there were thousands of
occurrences ..
This project has had that structure since Turbo Pascal back in the 80s when it
only had 3 axis
It seemed like a good way to have variables all with the same name, and back
then it wasn't so bad to have repeated code,
but now I have 9 axis and it's getting ridiculous..  once I realized that
Arrays would allow me to simplify things greatly,
it turned out to not be so bad to change it... just a bunch of global search
and replaces and a little fixing here and there that actually made it cleaner,
and the whole project has been changed over in a relatively short amount of
time... and now I can start consolidating all those functions and procedures.
It was way less work to just change it all to a better structure than it was to
work around it.

James