Le 20/12/2020 à 16:02, James Richters via fpc-pascal a écrit :
If I need a bunch of case statements, it's atcually worse than if I just have
separate procedures.

No, in fact the case statement is written only once, in the implementation of TAxisRecord, and in procedure Move_It(Axis_Letter:Char); , you just use:

DoSomething(Variable1.Value_from_Letter(Axis_Letter));

This said, I think that Lucas and Stefan ideas with "AxisName = (X,Y,Z,A,B,C);" are better than mine,

because compilation will fail on a bad axis name, for example a typo with Axis[U].