Op 2021-02-12 om 22:48 schreef James Richters via fpc-pascal:
The problem I have had is when programs I compile generate a false virus
detection.. sure on my own computer I can just disable that directory from the
virus scanner but it becomes a problem when I release it to my customers and
their virus scanners quarantine it.   I have no idea how to register a
legitimate program as not having a virus.  I've had this issue before but
managed to track down the section of code that caused it... after a completely
exhaustive search.

Some tips:

 - don't use debug builds.

 - sign the binary, even if just selfsigned. Provide as much context to the OS (icon and the rest in that screen). Minimalistic binaries seem to be more suspect.

- use a well known installer package, and insist on using installers. Copied exes are also more suspect.

- unfortunately, some wellknown Delphi libraries like Indy and Zeos sometimes trigger also.

There is no real failsafe solution. It is all hedging and hoping.