On 13/02/2021 16:52, Ched via fpc-pascal wrote:
Hello,

For one software I compile with fpc, Avast always complained. But only when compiled for debugging. That exe was sent to the false positive departement, and it toke about _one mounth_ to have a corrected version of the AV. Afterwhat, he never complained even with reworked source code.

I've seen a few false positives on debug info. To be fair, the AV can't really tell its not code. It could be used like a resource, later to be loaded from the file and then somehow be executed. So if debuginfo happens to look like malicious code....