> On Feb 16, 2021, at 2:43 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal
> <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> FPC currently does not yet support class types not to mention records and
> objects which is what I had mentioned earlier already.

Yes I see this on https://freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/refse47.html. Why isn't
this supported? I guess as part of this proposal we need to implement this
feature as well?  I'm not familiar with this area of the language so I'm not
sure what this entails.

>> It's a strange syntax compared to anything else we allow in classes and the
>> boiler plate is really adding up now. "procedure Draw" is going to be in 4
>> lines now!
>>
>> It would be nicer if they made this into one line so we don't have yet
>> another set of duplicate method signatures, i.e.:
>>
>>   procedure Draw as ICircle.Draw;
>
> I can't shake the feeling that all you complain about is writing even a
> little bit too much. Pascal is *not* about using as less code as possible,
> but to be as correct as possible and the syntax of interface delegation
> allows exactly that.

Being too verbose is clunky in my opinion. That method resolution syntax is
just kind of an odd addition for classes to my eyes. "procedure Type.Name =
Name;" doesn't have any precedence inside classes/records so it stands out.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph