> On Nov 27, 2021, at 5:00 PM, Sven Barth <pascaldra...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> The compiler does not know which routine is called upon parsing the parameter
> declarations (which would mean that error reports would need to be deferred
> until the lookup of the routine failed).

My idea was to not actually have it affect overloading except in the case where
the param names don't match which would ignore the call (so in your example
below nothing changes).

Otherwise if the name was actually part of the overloading we would have to
allow functions with the same parameter type but different names, i.e.:

procedure Foo(Arg1: String = '');
procedure Foo(Arg2: String = '');

and that would be a big change to the language and have all sorts of
implications.

So it's really just a minor hint to make the call more readable in the case of
long function names.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph