On Sun, 13 Feb 2022, Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal wrote:

On Feb 12, 2022, at 11:40 PM, Jonas Maebe via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

I wouldn't consider this to be working by design, but rather because of
implementation limitations.

I agree and it should be fixed probably.

As I wrote in my initial answer to Mattias, I would also forbid it.
(despite the temptation to use it for shortening class names in the
implementation, I think it will be more confusing than helpful in the end)

But since Delphi allows it, we must continue to allow it in Delphi mode...