On Sun, 27 Mar 2022, Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal wrote:

On Sun, 27 Mar 2022, Alexey Torgashin via fpc-pascal wrote:

"*zoom", really ? That's not even valid CSS syntax.

I checked 2 EBNF grammars: neither will allow this. I checked the W3
spec: Confirms this is simply not valid syntax.

But "*.nnn" is valid one.
https://css-tricks.com/almanac/selectors/u/universal/

I did some more checking. As a selector * can be used in some cases: the universal selector. but it can not be used as a property name.

in your file:

.clearfix{*zoom:1}

*zoom is a property name, not a selector. and properties must be
identifiers. According to the spec, identifiers do not start with a *.

I will add some options to interpret "*zoom" as a property name, but they will
off by default.