Adriaan van Os via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> schrieb am
Mo., 16. Okt. 2023, 15:14:

> >     That's absurd, there are many features in modes objfpc and macpas
> >     that don't compile with Delphi.
> >

> > That doesn't make it any less true.
> >
> > Also we won't add it anyway, so... 🤷‍♀️
>
> Apperently, a sensible discussion, based on logical arguments, instead of
> dogma, is impossible.

To quote our FAQ at https://www.freepascal.org/faq.html with the entry
"There is a new language extension that would be really useful. Will you
include it?" at point 2:

"The extension must have real value. Anything that is only a shorter
notation does not apply, unless it is out of compatibility with an existing
Pascal/Delphi codebase. Practically it means it must make something
possible that cannot be done otherwise or be a compatibility item"

Your suggestion fails that as it is merely syntactic sugar for something
you can accomplish using existing mechanisms even if it might be more
involved.

Regards,
Sven