On 04/26/2010 02:33 PM, Jorge Suárez de Lis wrote:
> That's weird. I've never received 2e. You should receive 0d, then 0e,
> then 26 and then 27. But not 2e.
>
> Is your device the same as mine? On the barcode it says TCRD4CA1H6A3.
>
> Try this, after line 1000 (case 0x27:) add this:

I can't check the barcode on the chip (built into my Lenovo T410 laptop)
but the lsusb output is:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 147e:2016 Upek Biometric Touchchip/Touchstrip
Fingerprint Sensor

I added the case 'case 0x2e' part and it actually will enroll my
fingerprint!  I just checked the enrollment with fprintd-verify and it
verified with no problems.

So the current downside is that the 0483:2016 device no longer works
with this code so it'd really be best to get the upekts.c driver to work
properly with both devices.  Are there multiple devices matching
147e:2016 that would need to be addressed somehow so that upeksonly
could still service the 'old' device and upekts could service the 'new'
version?  Any idea if there is any way to differentiate?