> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 147e:2016 Upek Biometric Touchchip/Touchstrip
> Fingerprint Sensor

The name is actually given by the Linux kernel. What actually matters is
just the IDs. And it seems these IDs are very popular amongst these
readers.

> I added the case 'case 0x2e' part and it actually will enroll my
> fingerprint!  I just checked the enrollment with fprintd-verify and it
> verified with no problems.

Good news! =) I'd appreciate a debug output of the full enrollment
process, to see what's going on with your device.

> So the current downside is that the 0483:2016 device no longer works
> with this code so it'd really be best to get the upekts.c driver to work
> properly with both devices.

Ok, I'll try to make a patch for tomorrow so upekts will support the
original reader, your reader and mine.

>   Are there multiple devices matching
> 147e:2016 that would need to be addressed somehow so that upeksonly
> could still service the 'old' device and upekts could service the 'new'
> version?  Any idea if there is any way to differentiate?

I don't think there's any way to do this on fprint. I still have to take
a better look at the code, but it seems that the drivers just register
themselves as "I am ready to support the device with these IDs, so I'll
do the job".

Can you also post the relevant output of the command "lsusb -vvv"? Do it
as root, please.

Thank you!

--
Jorge Suárez de Lis <y...@jorgesuarezdelis.name>