Jaya wrote :

> 1.       Is there any option available to generate pdf s
> using a script on a
> Unix machine without opening the Framemaker?

I know that it's possible, but I've no idea how. The documentation that
comes with FrameMaker for Unix should be able to tell you more.

> 2.       During conversion I would like the script to check
> for other tasks
> as well like missing hyperlinks, cross-references etc. My
> query is what
> other items should be included in the checklist to ensure the
> document quality?

If I remember correctly, all issues need to be resolved beforehand, or
Frame won't generate a PDF. So you must be able to do 'Update Book'
without getting any error messages before starting the script.

> 3.       What are the options of resizing a large image
> without compromising
> on the quality? The scaling option messes up the resolution.

Depends on the image.
- Vector graphics should be resizable without any loss of quality.
- Raster/pixel graphics: when you zoom in it's inevitable that the
individual pixels become visible. If this is the issue, you need
better-quality images to begin with.
Also, the Distiller settings can degrade picture quality. Check the
compression options in the Distiller job options.

Harro de Jong