Carol,

You wrote:

Frame 9.0p250 on Win7 64-bit with 12 whopping GB of RAM
Is anyone besides me experiencing a total freeze on the paragraph
designer (e.g., can't move from one property icon to another property
icon; can't apply; can't update all, etc.). This just started
happening a couple of weeks ago. It is resolved by closing down Frame
and restarting the program. Within a few minutes, the problem returns.
Very annoying and time consuming, especially while I am designing
templates. Any ideas?

This problem was quite common with early releases of FM9.0.

Can you identify any specific sequence that leads to this freeze?

With the latest patch for FM9 (9.0p250), I consistently have this problem when adjusting tab stops or indents using the ruler, with the paragraph designer showing any set of properties other than Basic. I usually prefer to set/adjust tabs visually, then Update All (using the paragraph designer or through a keyboard shortcut). Until this bug is fixed, switching the paragraph designer to the Basic set of properties first, before adjusting tabs/indents using the ruler, consistently serves as a workaround.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/TCS training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants
"Improve Your FrameMaker Skills" 1-hour web training sessions