If your only reason for considering structured FrameMaker is because you want some kind of XML solution, then read up about XML. However, there are benefits to using a structured authoring environment that have nothing to do with converting to XML. They involve controlling the quality and consistency of the documents you product, how you re-use content within the FrameMaker environment, and other good stuff. I'm a lone writer too and I think it's worth it.

Fred

Message: 1
Subject: RE: Training materials for Structured FrameMaker 9

What about taking this one step back? I'm the lone writer in my organization
and any innovations have to be led by me with a damn good case for ROI, e.g.,
moving from Word to FrameMaker was a 2 year process (budget is the main reason
I have to over-prove my case).
etc
Alison Craig, Technical Writer

--