Ooooh! They won't fall for your Jedi mind-tricks! I bet there's beer involved
in this somewhere, right Bill?

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Bill Swallow
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2011 10:15 AM
To: Writer
Cc: framers
Subject: Re: Scary responsibility in job ad

Don't you see that this is a mirror argument? Let me rephrase what
you're saying:

> What I object to is putting the burden and responsibility on the engineer,
> rather than where it belongs...on the writer. I've worked with very few
> writers who wanted to improve their involvement in product development or who
> even cared. Most writers I've worked with just want to do what they are told
> to do; they don't want to get into the nuts and bolts. IMHO, this requirement
> is setting we engineers up for failure. Just because the company wants the us
> to communicate more effectively, it doesn't mean that the writers want to,
> are motivated to, or would willingly cooperate with such "coaching". <

Don't look at it as a burden, but an opportunity to collaborate.  Yes,
engineers work very differently from writers, but a writer's honed
skills at audience analysis can certainly be reverse-engineered to
look at author-analysis, see what their workflow and workloads are
like, and work WITH them to develop means for improvement.

--
Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood
Blog: http://techcommdood.com