From: virginia.mor...@takesolutions.com
To: jsgamm...@imprivata.com; gr...@hedgewizard.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 09:37:01 -0500
Subject: RE: Recommended graphic file format for single-sourcing from Frame to
Robohelp?
CC: framers@lists.frameusers.com

Thanks to all of you who responded for your input. It sounds like .jpg or .png
will be the way to go – I will have to do more research and experimentation to
determine which. I am only at the beginning of this process, but I appreciate
pointing me in the right direction.

Thank you for the recommendation for the image converter, which will be
incredibly useful for converting legacy documents I am sure. FWIW, there is no
option to not include text, as the most important information in the graphics
is the text from the screenshots: names of fields, etc. I don’t think there’s
any way around that.

Any other experience/advice is appreciated. My recent graphic design experience
has also led me to conclude that .jpgs work well for much more than photos, but
the main reason we didn’t use them in old versions of FrameMaker (6.0 and
before) even with photos was that we got the “ugly gray box” which was annoying
since you couldn’t see your output until you produced a PDF. I’m assuming that
“feature” is no longer the case? Like John, I would prefer to work with .jpgs
if they produced the result I need. (Working in Windows XP, Frame10 currently.)

Thanks again,
Virginia