Do you have Adobe Pro? It comes with Live Cycle Designer. That's a forms making
program. Use that. I use it all the time. It's excellent.

-Gillian

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of David Artman
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:24 AM
To: Framers
Subject: Automatic PDF Form

Goal: Upon generating a PDF, checkboxes appear next to each paragraph of a
particular type, aligned right against the page margin. Can not use
autonumbering, because the paragraph tag already has numbers. Can not manually
create them in the PDF post-distillation, because we're talking about hundred
of steps needing checkboxes--WAY too time-consuming.

I am currently considering this method, using only FM 8 and Acrobat 9
Pro:

  1) Manually place a checkbox glyph into a text frame within an anchor frame
that is set to "Run Into Paragraph" and aligned right.
  2) Add some kind of label within the text frame (e.g., "Y", "OK" or "Done").
  3) Copy-and-paste the anchor for that frame at then end of every a new para
of that type.
  4) Distill to PDF.
  5) Open PDF in AcroPro.
  6) Let the Form Wizard detect the labelled checkboxes and auto-create them.

Works, but error-prone in many ways:

  a) Writers forget to add the manually-placed frame.
  b) TONS of other stuff can be detected as "form fields"; and their
auto-created fields have to be deleted (could be more work than adding fields
manually post-PDFing!).

Ideas? I suspect there's a plug-in that will automatically do this, if setup
right initially (or will do it wherever a special type of marker is
placed--"half automatic" so to speak).

Thanks in advance;
David Artman
david artman designs